Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrustmaster Warthog Procedure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation...QOOoPdmRl8

I highly recommend this procedure to all Warty owners. At your own risk of course, but it's very beneficial. Will take a couple of hours and all you'll likely need to buy is the recommended grease, and some fine sandpaper. (I used 400/800/1500 grit).

The 'plugs' in the Gimbal assembly can be popped out with an allen key.

The O Rings seem to be a persistant problem, I'm trying to source an alternative at the moment.
These sticks seem to need maintenace fairly often, so it's not a bad idea to learn to take them to bits for re-greasing etc.)

I'd also recommend one of Sahaj's stick extensions. I got the 10cm one and it's probably doubled the stick travel. Much smoother and more accuracy in movements. Lessens resistance too.

Salute !
Snake..
=NFF=SnakeEyes,
This video is fantastic! I've been looking for some help with mine for a long time. (I'm sure you've received the cordial response from the French when you ask them questions about repairs - Not nice).
Now I've run into issues with the Throttle assembly. At least five of the wires have severed from their connections within. Four 'buttons' do not function
When I look at the diagrams - they scare me. It'll take an electrical engineer to get to the bottom of fixing it.
Have you found any helpful videos on repairing this component? I'd be VERY interested in anything you can come up with.
Many thanks Sir.
Take care friend.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
(PS - The 'Throttle' and 'Mixture' slides work. It's the buttons on the top of the throttle slide).
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]
Phil,

Haven't found a video for the Throttle Unit.
I had an issue with the 'pinky' switch a while back, got it replaced. It's very weak and loose, just how they are.The 'index' finger hat thingy (up for blip, down for shoot flare / gun !) is starting to fail in the down position - if the blip starts to fail I'm in trouble..
Other than that so far mine has been Ok.
If it's just wires then I'm sure you could find someone to have a look at that. You could message the chap who did the Stick mod video, I think he may have been into the Throttle Unit..

As for the Stick procedure I've done it twice now and it really isn't hard to do. The only bit to be really careful is when pulling off the top part of the Gimbal. It jerks apart hard and fast, and if you pull it too far away you'll disconnect the black earth wire. The video is really good, and if you follow it bit by bit as you go there should be no problem. (and get the right (Lewmar Geargrease) grease - it's really good. Marine suppliers should have it. The lube the Frenchie's recommended was awful !)

I've ordered some custom PTFE O Rings. These could be the solution I've been after for a while. The Gimbal design and the O Rings are clearly the weak points of the stick.
If you're going to do this I suggest you might as well go the whole hog and get two of these. Here's the link.. http://www.hempstick.org/jforum/posts/list/7.page.
Nice bloke, you'll have to register to then send him a PM, and then I'm sure he'll sort that for you in no time. He has them in stock just now.

The French have Ok with me in replacing base unit after base unit, but they never tell you anything or seem interested in tackling any of the issues.

Salute !
=NFF=SnakeEyes,
Obviously you've had a much more pleasant experience with the 'French Connection' than I have.
When I've to reached them, if they bother to speak barely understandable English, they are arrogant and disrespectful. These Joysticks are the Top of the line and the most expensive on the market. You'd think they'd be a bit more cordial to their users who are having issues with the equipment.
Since four months after I acquired it, I've had reliability problems. Two springs have broken, and several switches have failed. Their response was to, "Go through the diagnostic software and call us back after forwarding 'screen shots' of all the different areas of concern."
After doing all that, I finally received one spring. It was the size you'd find in a ball-point pen and cost $12,00. I was a tad upset but learned a lesson about them.
Anyhow, I'll contact the gentlemen you recommended for some guidance.
Many thanks for your insight. It's sincerely helpful Sir.
Take care friend.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]