Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy folks from Frosty
A big hello to all my fellow "pixel pilots" out there, thought it was about time I introduced myself. Like a lot of you I have been flying sims for a long time, longer than I care to admit, so I'm very happy to be part of the =NFF= crew and helping new folks get into ROF. It's a small community, WW1 flight buffs, and the more the merrier!

Every new computer I ever bought was to play the latest flight sim at the time. WW1 sims have always been my favourites, and I'm an avid reader of anything to do with Great war aviation. As a kid I read every one of the 100 or so Biggles books, so that's why you'll usually find me flying a Camel.

I live in the Great White North, and fly mainly in the winter (hence my Frosty, the Snowman tag) So it's easier to put a name to a face, I've attached a pic of myself below, and the Frosty Ranch Smile

I'm not really big on forum posting, as I would rather spend time flying than typing, but will happily chat on the servers or TS with new fliers (and friends) that would like any assistance... We are here to help!

See you in the virtual skies!

Cheers
Frosty

P.S. A picture tells a 1000 words so I have attached a few.
1. Back in the late 80's I built a "games pod" cockpit from 2x4's - works well Cool
2. Frosty Ranch - this is where all the flying action happens, in the basement.
3. Me, Frosty!

Nice pictures Frosty !
[Image: 52jztqaaadzvhakzg.jpg]
(2018-03-11, 03:27 PM)Agent 86 Wrote: Nice pictures Frosty !

I haven't built aything since I retired, but bought a lot of stuffHuh    

sorry about the BIG pic
Hello Frosty,
Nice to put a face to a name.
See you in the skies,
Loyd
=NFF=Frosty,
It's been some doing but I finally got back home to New Hampshire and my home 'Command Center.' It's been a long time coming home and I relish getting back to New England.
Your pictures and descriptions are inspiring! You've gotten into this 'pastime' better than most. The equipment you're using is current and your flying skills are in parallel.
I'll bet many other Simm-pilots are a bit jealous of your 'outfit.' If not, they should be.
I'm looking forward to spending more time on both Servers now that I'm home. I've noticed that some rare individuals, that we seldom see, have been enjoying our offerings on both Servers. That's wonderful to see.
I hope to chat with you and others now that I'm home.
In the meantime, you take care Sir ... And all of our fellow companions on '=NFF=.'
See you all soon .....
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]
Photo 
There's guys from New Hampshire Here ? That's insane no one is from NH ever! This has to be a joke ! I live in Tamworth NH.

Frosty was telling me about curves last night. 

New system  bought on last Black Friday.

Omen HP  win 10  The T Flight master Hotas is new 2 weeks after getting the system.

The rudders on my planes are loose and wiggly as if in real life has extra inches of rudder cable. I can see it, I can feel it.

The stick grinds in the real world and has since day 1 . There is a screw on the bottom I loosened. Can I tear into this and add fine machine oil ?

Yesterday I uninstalled the T Thrust-master and reinstalled it. According to Logitech I have the most recent drivers.

The problem seems to be with the Fokker D 7 first but last night I was able to notice this problem in the steady Alb D 3. The planes moves as well the rudder is wiggling for no reason just like the cables are both too long one each side.

So anyway here I am I found this place. I am No It sort of guy. I do nuts and bolts and things I can see. I flounder my way thru down loads, and will have to with any curves, but then I work at it hard even if I don't totally ever understand what I did.
Oh Frosty somewhere on this forum there was mention of flying in the 103rd and the Jasta Units. These places have passwords. I have no idea how to get an invite or the passwords. It may be I am not ready, and or may not have the time, but if there is a way I am interested . I can't find the posts to these here now but I did see them.
Von-Dervare,
Passwords are the proprietary ownership of the guy or group that supports the Servers you're interested in. There has to be a main contact to discuss getting access to their system.
We don't use passwords in '=NFF=' because we're open to all who conduct themselves as Gentlemen. The rules are very simple and are outlined in the explanation of each MAP. If followed there will not be any issues about being welcome and respected.
Perhaps other pilots who are interested in accessing the 'quarantined' servers can offer you and explanation. They may even give you 'THE PASSWORD.'
I wish I could be of more assistance Sir.
My interest, obviously, lies in maintaining the integrity of all things '=NFF=.'
Thanks for your interest .......
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]
(2019-02-06, 10:34 PM)Von-Dervare Wrote: Oh Frosty somewhere on this forum there was mention of flying in the 103rd and the Jasta Units. These places have passwords. I have no idea how to get an invite or the passwords. It may be I am not ready, and or may not have the time, but if there is a way I am interested . I can't find the posts to these here now but I did see them.

Hi Von

In my answer to JPS question while we were flying, what I mentioned was that on THU nights, the 103 and JG1 guys have a "fly in" on either the WG or Cubans server - no password needed there.  You can see a thread about it on the ROF forum IIRC.  On SUN afternoons there is usually a vintage mission on the same servers, again all welcome as far as I know....

Cheers
Frosty