Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maps Added !
Gentlemen,
Over the last few months we've been asked to look into adding two popular 'Maps' to our Servers. There were questions about copyright infringement and proprietary violations.
Those concerns have been addressed satisfactorily. (Apparently, once a 'Map' has been added to a Server for public consumption, it becomes available to everyone). It's always appropriate to discuss using it with the author if they can be contacted.
So, as of last night, April 17, 2018 two new 'Channel Maps' have been added into the rotation on both our '=NFF=' Servers. We're certain this will appeal to several of our guests who been asking about it frequently.
Our hope is that you'll take the opportunity to enjoy them. If we've inadvertently offended the authors, we apologize. (Copying anything is the sincerest form of flattery!).
I hope to see you all on our '=NFF=' Servers as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you Gentlemen take care.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]
(2018-04-18, 10:05 PM)=NFF=Patriarch Wrote: Gentlemen,
Over the last few months we've been asked to look into adding two popular 'Maps' to our Servers. There were questions about copyright infringement and proprietary violations.
Those concerns have been addressed satisfactorily. (Apparently, once a 'Map' has been added to a Server for public consumption, it becomes available to everyone). It's always appropriate to discuss using it with the author if they can be contacted.
So, as of last night, April 17, 2018 two new 'Channel Maps' have been added into the rotation on both our '=NFF=' Servers. We're certain this will appeal to several of our guests who been asking about it frequently.
Our hope is that you'll take the opportunity to enjoy them. If we've inadvertently offended the authors, we apologize. (Copying anything is the sincerest form of flattery!).
I hope to see you all on our '=NFF=' Servers as soon as possible.
In the meantime, you Gentlemen take care.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch

So that you know; If you are referring to any map that I build, I populate my maps from scratch and use my own imagination and logic. ( be they good or bad, liked or disliked ) They are my creation.
=NFF= Ken
So, for the most part it has been Ken and myself building maps to run on the servers.
I use my own "stuff" as Ken does. I don't know why you would even mention "copyright infringement" There is no copyright, once a map has been put out for use, it becomes PUBLIC DOMAIN.Look at arty's servers, you will find "copies" of a lot of NFF maps running there.
[Image: 52jztqaaadzvhakzg.jpg]
I sent a new map to Pete last night, and he put it in the rotation. It is an Aerodrome map where the AI disappear when humans showup. I built it about a year ago because , when flying by myself , I got tired of the AI stealing my kills and getting in my way!

First of all, let me know if it works as intended, as I have always flown it by myself, (with all my friends) for a year.

Please let me know of any suggestions for maps that you have in mind! I will, or will try to build any map you want. With the exception of "capture the flag" or any other map that requires teamwork! I say that because from what I have seen, everyone is out for themselves!! When I see a man engaged with another HUMAN pilot, I peel off and let him fight his own battle. Right or wrong; I will not vulch an enemy for a kill! It has cost me in the scoring department, but so be it. IT IS A GAME. (Two on one is a different scenario)

Enough about that,it is another subject Smile

Get involved and I will Smile
"Get involved and I will"

That speaks volumes !

[Image: icon_e_wink.gif][Image: icon_cool.gif][Image: icon_e_salute.gif]
[Image: 52jztqaaadzvhakzg.jpg]
I have had two map suggestions in the last two days, and that's great. I acted on both of them and made a revision on my own, (that I felt was needed) . The point of this communication is to let ya'll know that if I can, and have the knowledge to grant your request, I will. They may not appear at the "snap of my fingers", however, I will do my best. (if within reason)
Ken,
I finally had an opportunity to fly the early planes map. There were a few players there which is good. You popped in and asked for any feed back to be written in the Maps section of the forum.
Is it possible to add the Halberstadt DII as it entered service in 1916, and would be a good turn fighter to counter the Pup and Nieuports, and I didn't notice the Sopwith Triplane in the allied roster although I may have missed it. It came into service in the summer of 1916. It's a crappy plane as far as this game goes, but it was an early aircraft.

Thanks again for the the wonderful maps you produce for those of us that play the game.

Grant
Will do, thank you.
Fuzz, The Allied tripe was in the map. However I did have to add the 3rd Halb.... I sent the rev. off to Pete. When he has an opportunity, I'm sure he will make the swap.

Thanks again.Ken
Happy New Year!
I was on our sever this afternoon as the map with the early planes came up.  It started up with just four people on it, and by the time it ended, there were around 14.  I for one had a great time.  I was worried that people wouldn't stay if there were no DRI's and Camels.  They stayed and just about every plane available was in play.  It was constant fast action and the sides seemed equally matched.  Sadly, Moro ended my 13 kill streak.
Thanks Ken, for taking a chance on one person's request.
Grant