Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partridge Season
Photo 
While Partridge hunting, I ran across this guy enjoying a frog. He finished his snack, paused for his photo op, and silently disappeared back into the woods.

[Image: 04359dcb51ik27l6g.jpg]
[Image: 52jztqaaadzvhakzg.jpg]
Nice picture Agent. Beautiful bird and great Fall colours on display.
Thanks Jim.
Agent86,
This picture belongs in Nat'l Geographic.
This beautiful bird sure doesn't look like a Partridge! I hope you didn't shoot it !
Sometime you'll have to explain how you got so close to snap this photo. It's not like that bird didn't see you coming ... :-)
Take care My Friend.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
[Image: k1pszl3abcvhh20zg.jpg]
I walked up to the tree, slowly. He didn't see me as a threat, as I spoke sweet nothings to him. And the 12X zoom helped as well.  Tongue I did shoot him with my trusty Cannon "sure shot", as proven by the picture  Cool
Agent86,
I'm hoping beyond hope that you mean your 'Cannon' camera. (Not the cannon that I'm familiar with i.e '105 Howitzer.').
If that was the case, we wouldn't even see parts of his feathers ...... :-)
Great photography Sir.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
I had a 10 gauge goose gun that I called the Howitzer years ago. That hurt to shoot !
Agent,
A '10 Gauge' Shot Gun should actually be outlawed except for hunting Wolves and larger Vermin. The size of its bore and potential shot is more than the average person can endure.
When you hear one of those 'Shoot' you are quickly aware that there's someone out there with a 'cannon' and not a regular '12 Gauge.'
I'm hoping you've changed your perspective on the guns you use for sport. You're much more productive using your 'Cannon' for the
wonderful pictures that you take. (Many of which belong in magazines).
Please continue with your photography. It's a true joy to see the pictures you take.
Take care Sir.
Phil =NFF=Patriarch
I guess they used to use these on the Chesapeake bay.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/punt-gun-1910-1920/
I've seen pictures of these before. I would like to have one fitted to my camel, as a tail gun.   Tongue